I have a favor to ask of those of you who grow your own tomatoes. I’m in the thick of planning this year’s crop of veggies, and every season I like to try at least one or two new varieties that I’ve never had before. For the past several years, I’ve been enamored with ‘Cherokee Purple’ and ‘Mortgage Lifter’ tomatoes. They have the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity, that classic old fashioned tomato flavor, not too juicy not too dry, not to mention the history of both varieties dating way back. But, last year I had major issues with late blight and blossom end rot, and lost a good number of fruits prematurely. So I figured it would be a good time to try something new. Problem is, there are literally HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of tomato varieties, all of them offering something unique in size or shape or color or flavor. So this is where you come in. I would be most thankful if you wouldn’t mind filling out the survey below, to let me know what tomatoes you grow and which ones you like. Thanks!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Garden Chat on Twitter
- Temporary Post Used For Theme Detection (8a373e7d-f471-4703-b1da-75dad3a06324 – 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7) February 11, 2018
- Grasses keep the garden interesting into winter November 12, 2017
- This Halloween, beware the barberry! October 29, 2017
- When your garden grows you June 25, 2017
- Help me “pick” out a tomato to grow! January 21, 2017