Wanted to highlight this great website by fellow garden blogger Benjamin Vought (The Deep Middle) advocating for the use of milkweed and other native plants to attract and support our native wildlife, particularly our endangered Monarch butterfly population. Monarch butterflies use milkweed (which is actually NOT a weed by any stretch) almost exclusively for food and to lay their eggs. Milkweed is actually quite an attractive plant, with showy clusters of orange, pink, or white blooms. Check out http://milktheweed.blogspot.com/ for more info!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Garden Chat on Twitter
- Temporary Post Used For Theme Detection (8a373e7d-f471-4703-b1da-75dad3a06324 – 3bfe001a-32de-4114-a6b4-4005b770f6d7) February 11, 2018
- Grasses keep the garden interesting into winter November 12, 2017
- This Halloween, beware the barberry! October 29, 2017
- When your garden grows you June 25, 2017
- Help me “pick” out a tomato to grow! January 21, 2017